7.10.2007

We are excited!

I mentioned before that Matt and I are in the process of becoming foster parents. God has laid this ministry so heavily on our hearts. And he has also given us an incomprehensible peace about not having our own kids yet.

Well, we recently met two beautiful, three-year-old twin girls. They live with their grandparents and may become available for foster care or adoption. At this point we are just praying and thinking and babysitting. We have TEN dates on the calendar to babysit them over the next three months. TEN!

Yesterday I went to Wal-mart and couldn't resist buying some bubbles, sidewalk chalk, a coloring book, and crayons for when we babysit. I want to do a little devotion with them before bed, too.

We are thrilled. I can't wait to continue developing a relationship with them. I wonder what God as in store!

8 comments:

Robin said...

I am so happy for you both! Yay for babysitting. God has just the perfect child(ren) in mind for your family. We will pray that He will keep you flexible and open to whomever He brings your way.

Lisa Leonard said...

it is exciting to wonder about what God has in store for you. i love that you have such big hearts. we are praying for you guys...

Shan said...

That is so great! I will be praying for all four of you! Twins are super fun :}

Sarah Markley said...

Chris, their story has tugged at our hearts too. I am so happy for you guys! I know that your desire has been to love kids and I know these girls need a solid mom and dad - who better to fill those shoes than you and Matt!

Ellen said...

Wow Chrissie! This is so exciting. I will continue to pray about this situation. Enjoy the time you spend with the girls (how ever little or much God has planned).

Brianna Heldt said...

So exciting! What amazing hearts you have and I'll be so anxious to see the wonderful ways God uses you.

Anonymous said...

hi Chrissie...
it was great to meet you last week...thanks for making me feel welcome to the college group. i am looking forward to coming back and being there in a couple weeks.
i am continuing to pray for the adoption/foster parent situation. how exciting that you get to babysit a lot in the near future! :)
blessings to you...

Dan Flaming said...

Oh, twins. They're over-rated.