7.16.2007

This kid

melts my heart.




I just can't get enough of him-his smiles, laughter, singing, talking, hugs, kisses.
Being Matty's Auntie is such a fun thing.

Here are some of my favorite things about my nephew.


  • The fact that he points out every tunnel, bridge, tractor, bus, motorhome, motorcycle, classic car, train, dump truck, police car, etc. on the road. Who knew driving to Rite Aid could be such an exciting experience?

  • How much Matty looooves his friend, Max. They are best buds. It is so fun to watch them stomp in puddles, run around holding hands, kiss each other's booboos..."

  • When we sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" together with the motions we made up. The song always ends with the spider crawling into his ear. And he laughs hysterically every time.

  • How cute he looks wrapped in a towel right after a bath with his hair sticking out everywhere and a huge smile on his face.

  • How much he loves to cuddle when he wakes up from a nap, and he holds my hand when we cross the street, and how he'll kiss me anytime I say, "Kiss?" Love the butterfly kisses, too.

  • When Lisa tells me he has been saying, "I want Auntie," all day. I want you too, Matty.


I love you and I miss you and I can't wait to see you SOON!

6 comments:

Sarah Markley said...

Too cute! I am still holding out for Naomi in about 20 years. I love kids after the bath - cuddley, clean, warm...the best!

Ellen said...

Matthias, how'd you get to be so cute? I love that he learns a new thing every day. He's constantly exploring, reading, talking, and interacting with the world around him. Notice in the picture he's eating french fries with ketchup. His most favorite food ever!

Cathi Hamen said...

Oh my gosh he is soo big and very handsome! I actually thought it was Nate Crandall at first glance! you should show kristin!
have fun in laguna!
We are going to the beach tomorrow night. & beach on friday to Calafia in San Clemente//if you to hang with us..
love ya!
C

Lisa Leonard said...

he is such a sweetie and such a rascal...and so lucky to have such good aunties!!

Kelly said...

what a cutie pie!... and he does have a GREAT auntie.

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

David and I have said many a time that he is one of our favorite little boys ever. It is so neat that you guys are able to be so close even though you live far apart.