My Happy Routines
I love to get in a rut. Whether it's a certain food, a song, a TV show, whatever, I will eat it or listen to it or watch it over and over and over again. Some find it annoying. I like to think of it as endearing.
Right now I have a few addictions I am enjoying:
1. Golden Spoon peanut butter cup frozen yogurt with peanut butter cups on top
2. Starbucks venti iced green tea unsweetened. I add my own sugar, real sugar, and lots of it. Matt watches and rolls his eyes. He does that a lot.
Funny side note: I always have an iced tea nearby when I am teaching. A while back, one of my students was playing school at home. She asked her mom if she could have a glass of apple juice while she was playing the teacher so she could look like me. How cute is that?
3. Mesa Burrito from Taco Mesa.
Here's a sample dialogue:
Matt: Where do you want to eat, honey?
Chrissie: How about Taco Mesa?
Matt: But we ate there yesterday. And didn't you eat there with Liz the day before that? How about sushi. Mmmmm, doesn't sushi sound good?
Matt: Taco Mesa is kind of hot.
Chrissie: Hot like temperature or hot like spicy?
Chrissie: (Turning a/c up in the car) The Mesa burrito isn't spicy.
Matt: Ok, whatever makes you happy, honey.
4. Blogging-reading blogs, commenting on blogs, writing my own blog...
5. Making lists-errands to run, people to call, household work to be done, grocery lists, lists of ideas, lists of lists I need to make...
6. Reading books about foster parenting, journaling about foster parenting, making flow charts, diagrams, and graphs about foster parenting