7.28.2007

I love lists.

But you already know that.
So here are two lists for a Saturday morning.

My favorite ways to spend my free time:
  • Watch HGTV. Favorite shows are Mission Organization, Designed to Sell, Design on a Dime, That's Clever
  • Browsing the aisles of TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshall's, Tuesday Morning, Target. There are so many things out there I have no idea I need until I see them.
  • Reading.
  • Check blogs, leave comments, write a new post. Thank you to the inventor of blogging.
  • Taking a nap. I feel guilty about it, but I love it all the same.
  • Organizing. Lately it's been our files. Sorting, shredding, filing. There is so much unneeded paperwork in our house. And it's my job to get rid of it.
  • Spending time with Matt. Going out for lunch or dinner. Making pancakes for breakfast. Running errands. Sitting on the couch and talking.
  • Spending time with my family. I love you all. It's always crazy fun being together.

My least favorite ways to spend my free time:

  • talking on the phone. Unless it's just a quick call, I'd rather just meet you for coffee and have a face-to-face conversation.
  • Watching some super-silly or overly-violent movie. What is the point? Really?
  • Washing the dogs. I end up covered in water, dog hair and sweat. It isn't pretty. Cleaning anything really isn't my thing.
  • Sitting in traffic.
  • Being in a crowded place.
  • Worrying about the future. Which I do alot.

7 comments:

Lisa Leonard said...

two very good & thorough lists. i am with you on pretty much all those things! except i don't have dogs--but giving the boys a bath can be exhausting!

Robin said...

you forgot to add working out as one of your favourite things! ha ha!

Ellen said...

Favorite things:
ice cream!, reading, friends, family, napping...Once Susan joked "Sleeping is my favorite part of the day--everything else is just filler."

Least favorite things:
paying bills, scheduling appointments, political phone calls

Sarah Markley said...

Least fave: carrying in and putting away groceries.
Most fave: definitely the spoon! (of course with a friend)

Kelly said...

Archer and I would love to take a walk or run with you someday. Maybe around the lake? Call me.

Sarah Markley said...

Miniature golf does count. Wanna run with me sometime? Esp. before school starts? Let me know.

Matthew Rouse said...

I can vouch for the C hating to wash the doggies.