- singing the days of the week at the top of my lungs
- doing fishy faces at red lights
- fake sneezing over and over
- making up cheers for them
- giving them gum or a lollipop
- talking incessantly bridges, trees, and airplanes out the window
- shaking and tapping their feet
- asking them questions about the ABCs or Miss Cathi
- dancing with my upper body including lots of snapping and clapping
- making up stories that include loud noises-like BONK, ZAP, BOOM
I know it's pitifully strange that I'm willing to make a fool of myself and endure their scornful looks and bitter comments like, "Don't talk, Chrissie!" "Stop being so noisy!" "I don't like that song!" But those two hours of quiet naptime are precious.
And the fishy faces made them laugh pretty hard.