10.16.2007

Beautiful Night

Tonight we ate at home. I made chicken curry and vegetables and then we played ball in the backyard. I accidentally threw the ball into the top of the tree and we couldn't get it down. I said, "Oh well, let's go get ice cream."
The girls thought that was so funny. They kept saying, "Oh well, oh well, oh well, let's go get ice cream."
We ate our ice cream by the lake, watching the ducks under a crescent moon. It was chilly and dark. One cutie said, "I don't want to go home. I want to stay here and watch the ducks." So sweet.
When we got back home we lit a fire and watched "Monkey George." We cuddled under a soft red blanket.
Now they are in their beds and my heart is ready to burst with love for them.

8 comments:

michele said...

Yea for nights like this! Isn't it worth all the tiredness and sacrifice when you have these special moments? You are such a good mom!

Lisa Leonard said...

So sweet, you brought tears to my eyes. It's good to 'just be' and to do it together.

Naomi said...

sounds like fun. that red blanket is the Best.

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

I found your blog through your sister Lisa's blog whose I found through someone else! I just love your writing. Thanks for sharing these special moments with *your* girls!

Sarah Markley said...

Bursting is so good!

Ellen said...

With kids everything is happening now. I get so distracted with what I'm doing in an hour, next week, next month. Little ones remind us to live in the here and now.

Robin said...

So sweet. Chrissie you are a lovely mommy already.

Cathi Hamen said...

i love it! so what i hear from cutie 1 and cutie 2 is.. wheres my super helper? wheres my treasure box? where you going teacher? why you say uh oh? wheres my chrissie? i never get tired of it.. i too am falling in love with them i only have to remember they arent my only students!!!!!!!!
good night my friend, God is creating a wonderful mommy in you!