2.04.2008

Jesus Storybook Bible

I cannot say enough how much I love this Bible! We read it most evenings with the girls before bed, and I am continually amazed and blessed by the beautifully, profoundly written stories and the amazing, unique illustrations. The girls, too, look forward to Bible time. And they ask such thoughtful questions.
Tonight we read about Jesus praying in the garden before his crucifixion. They were completely stunned that Jesus was going to die. They had to keep looking ahead to the pictures of Jesus on the cross and then Jesus alive again.
They kept asking:
"Why Jesus have to die? Why He have so many oowies? Jesus came BACK again? Why He still have oowies on his hands?" Matt and I probably talked with them for 20 minutes about our sin and Christ's payment. It was really wonderful. So wonderful.
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this Bible?

7 comments:

michele said...

Ok, you've sold me. I'm ordering it on Amazon!!! Nathaniel especially needs some good Bible teaching these days! When we wanted to pray for him on his birthday he said "No, Mommy, be quiet". I was all..."??!!???"

Unknown said...

Cuties like to tell me, "Don't pray so long tonight. Just pray for one thing."
I'm all..."???!!!?!"

Sarah Markley said...

I've never seen it! Its cool. You guys are funny.

Grace 4 Russia said...

Michael* prayed today, "Dear Jesus, please help me to stop praying to Satan."

We were all..."??!!???"

*Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Brianna Heldt said...

okay how funny, i JUST got this in the mail today from amazon! i saw someone else's copy awhile back and just loved it, and am so excited to start reading it with our little ones! (i too love the illustrations, which include darker-skinned people, which of course is appealing for our family.)

Lisa Leonard said...

ok-cracking up right now. i miss my girls!!! we love this storybook, too. and every night matty prays for his friend karena's knee (which she scraped about 6 months ago). steve says its the healthiest knee in the world. and i'm all ??!!???

Bre said...

Hi, I found your blog on Monique's blog. :) Gracie has this bible and we love it! Her other FAVORITE book is God's Wisdom for Little Girls, it is a wonderful book and is a must have for every little girl, if you don't have it let me know, we have an extra copy and I would love to give it to your girls if they don't have one! For everyone else, here is a link to buy it on Amazon- http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Wisdom-Little-Girls-Proverbs/dp/0736904271