9.07.2008

Sorrow and Snacks

Yesterday was my Grandma's memorial service. Such a sweet and sad time of being with family and remembering her amazing life. She loved her family intentionally and she loved us well. We pretty much could do no wrong in her eyes.
So, I'm sure she wouldn't have minded that I left halfway through the service to take the girls across the street to CVS for a bag of M&Ms. It was purely a survival tactic. They had been alternating between howling, standing, climbing, giggling, crying, whining... They just weren't going to make it through the service without a short break and some calories.
Next time I'll have the sweets packed in my purse before we get to the church.

5 comments:

Lisa Leonard said...

she wouldn't have minded at all! love you!

Rachel said...

This is a giant hug :)

Nyla said...

You are such a great mom! I am sure she would have understood!

Jen S said...

Chrissie, you are so REAL! I love that.

Cathi Hamen said...

aaaaahhhhh thats just what kids do! i echo the ladies u are a fabuloso mommita!